FOUNDATION OF MAKEUP ARTISTRY
Foundation of makeup artistry, Fashion makeup artistry and hairstyling diploma & Advance makeup and hair design diploma.
GUIDED LEARNING HOURS – 60
This 2 week course is an introduction to beauty principles and the basics of make up artistry. It is designed for learners who have no or little previous experience in the field.
This course forms the basis for the Fashion Makeup Artistry and Hairstyling Diploma Course.
TECHNIQUES & SKILLS COVERED
- Hygiene: Maintaining the highest standard of artists & kit hygiene.
- Health & Safety: The safe handling & disposal of toxic products, different equipment, and tools.
- Makeup Kit & Tools: How to put your professional kit together the tools, skin care & makeup items essential to an artist’s kit.
- Correct Posture & Positioning: How to position yourself & your client so as to work safely & hygienically around the client.
- Client Care & Communication: Understanding the client’s requirement & delivering as per the brief.
- Skin Analysis: Recognizing different skin types & checking for any contra-actions or contraindications before preparing the skin for makeup application.
- Colour & Light Theory: Principles of color & light theory to understand color combinations & color correction.
- Product Knowledge & Ingredients: Understanding the ingredients in cosmetics & which products suit different skin types.
- Facial Architecture & Contouring: Identifying different face shapes & learning the art of contouring to balance facial features.
- Priming, Color Correction, & Camouflage: Techniques of creating a good base for makeup application.
- Product Application: How to correctly apply foundation, concealer, powder, blusher, bronzer, eyebrow products, eye shadow, eyeliners, mascara, fake lashes, lipsticks, lip glosses and lip liners.
- Bridal Makeup Artistry Consultation: Understanding the business of bridal makeup artistry.
- Face Chart Design: Creating a professional face chart that emulates the design you want to create.